Friday, July 12, 2024

Sorry I'm very late... Hits 1 Weekend Countdown 7/6/24

Hi! This post is very late, because of a combination of traveling and just overall burnout after that whole album review series. It's kinda crazy that I was just celebrating 2,000 pageviews last week, and now I'm already almost to 3,000. (At the rate I'm going, I might have 5,000 views before Short N Sweet!) Once I get to 3,000, I have yet more album reviews planned, but this time I won't tell you what they are beforehand... and the ones I've decided on are probably not the ones you're expecting. Since I'm getting so many views so quickly, I'm not going to do an album review series for every thousand... I'll probably do 3,000, 5,000, 10,000, 13,000 (because why not), 20,000, and then just go by ten thousands. But that could change. Anyway, as for this week's countdown... well, last week's, because the "new countdown" apparently was "leaked 2 days early" and it's highly unlikely that it's a real countdown but anyway... last week was pretty normal in terms of movement, but the music on the countdown right now is pretty mid, and some of it is really getting annoying. Well... let's get into it!


Exits:

Coldplay - Feelslikeimfallinginlove

Camila Cabello & Lil Nas X - He Knows

Benson Boone - Beautiful Things


Countdown:

#30: Crash Adams - Hotel Party (Debut)

#29: Camila Cabello & Drake - Hot Uptown (Debut)

#28: Meghan Trainor - Whoops (+1)

#27: Knox - Treadmill (Debut)

#26: Gracie Abrams - Close to You (+2)

#25: Tommy Richman - Million Dollar Baby (+2)

#24: Charli XCX - 360 (+2)

#23: Mark Ambor - Belong Together (-6)

#22: Madison Beer - Make You Mine (-8)

#21: Marshmello & Kane Brown - Miles on It (+4)

#20: David Guetta & OneRepublic - I Don't Wanna Wait (-1)

#19: Gracie Abrams - Risk (+1)

#18: Ariana Grande - The Boy is Mine (-2)

#17: Olivia Rodrigo - So American (-10)

#16: Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please (+5)

Extra: Lisa - Rockstar

#15: Benson Boone - Slow it Down (-2)

#14: Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (-4)

#13: Teddy Swims - The Door (+2)

#12: Billie Eilish - Birds of a Feather (+11)

#11: Dasha - Austin (-2)

#10: Chappell Roan - Good Luck Babe! (+2)

#9: Shaboozey - A Bar Song (+2)

#8: Taylor Swift & Post Malone - Fortnight (-2)

#7: Djo - End of Beginning (+1)

#6: Billie Eilish - Lunch (+12)

#5: Eminem - Houdini (=)

#4: Post Malone & Morgan Wallen - I Had Some Help (=)

#3: Dua Lipa - Illusion (=)

#2: Hozier - Too Sweet (=)

Last year's #1: Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

#1: Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso (=)


Debuts:

*sighs* Great, more Crash Adams. I didn't mind Give Me a Kiss, and I guess Sugar Mommy was alright, but this... this is not it. I swear, there will be a rant if this actually jumps 24 spots tomorrow.

Camila Cabello's Hot Uptown is definitely an improvement over her last two songs, but not by that much. I haven't listened to C, XOXO, but based on what I've heard, I'm not so sure about this new era.

Knox is on the countdown again with Treadmill, and I think this is my favorite song I've heard from him. The lyrics are pretty good and the production's okay but it isn't too interesting.


Biggest Jump: Billie Eilish - Lunch (+12)

Biggest Drop: Olivia Rodrigo - So American (-10)

Missed song: Camila Cabello - Shameless

Recommendations for Hits 1: Taylor Swift - The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived, Billie Eilish - Blue, Gracie Abrams - I Love You, I'm Sorry, and Meghan Trainor - Timeless


Hitbound:

Katseye - Debut

Alex Warren - Carry You Home (Debut)

Moneybagg Yo & Morgan Wallen - Whiskey Whiskey (Debut)

Kesha - Joyride (Debut)

Imagine Dragons - Nice to Meet You

Bibi & Jackson Wang - Feeling Lucky

Gracie Abrams & Taylor Swift - Us

Lisa - Rockstar

Lawrence - Whatcha Want

The Kid Laroi - Girls

Ashe - Running Out of Time

Upsahl - Summer So Hot

Isabel Larosa - Favorite

Raye - Genesis

Henry Moodie - Bad Emotions

Bia & Jid - Lights Out


Alright, only three debuts. Alex Warren is back with Carry You Home. This is decent but not amazing. I actually like this better than Before You Leave Me. The lyrics are pretty good and the production's alright.

Kesha is next, and so far almost every Kesha song I've ever heard has been either great or terrible. Joyride is... closer to the latter category. It's a bit weird, but it's not absolutely terrible.

*sighs* I was worried something like this would happen. Ever since Beyonce's Cowboy Carter, it seems like everybody else has been trying to make a country-rap song, but it just always fails. So far I haven't heard a single good country-rap song that isn't by Beyonce, and this is a perfect example. Moneybagg Yo & Morgan Wallen collaborate on Whiskey Whiskey. And... no. Just no. The lyrics are literally Rain Rain Go Away but about whiskey, and it's all really dumb. "Me and all my whiskey friends"? Yeah, this is worse than A Bar Song (Tipsy).

No exits this week.


Blurb Uptown:

We lost Feelslikeimfallinginlove, He Knows, and Beautiful Things. Beautiful Things was great but lasted a long time on here so I'm fine with it leaving. He Knows got replaced by a better Camila song. And Feelslikeimfallinginlove was pretty mid for Coldplay standards.

At this point, 360, Million Dollar Baby, IDWW, Belong Together, and The Door are just doing nothing but taking up space.

Well, this is the first time I've had to use the light orange tier in a while, but The Door and Million Dollar Baby are now in that status, and IHSH and A Bar Song are starting to come close.

Looks like So American wasn't as big of a hit as Obsessed. It's probably on its way out now.

Can Please Please Please please please please get to the top 10 soon? (Also, I feel like Hits 1 intentionally plays Olivia and Sabrina back to back a lot)

Both HMHAS songs finally jumped huge this week. Alright, I'll take it.

Nice to see Chappell Roan getting her first top 10 hit on the countdown with Good Luck Babe. I do hope Hot to Go eventually makes it on the actual countdown at some point.

Not so nice to see Shaboozey getting his first top 10 hit on the countdown with A Bar Song. I'd much rather have his song with Beyonce, Spaghetti, to make the countdown at all.

The top 5 remained stationary. Espresso is regrowing on me, so I wouldn't mind if this blocks Illusion from #1. (That is, unless the "leaked countdown" is somehow actually real, which it probably isn't) However, I really do hope Please Please Please gets to #1 at some point.


That's all for now! Byeeeeeeeeee!

4 comments:

  1. I think you'll probably review The Death of Slim Shady, as Houdini has a green rating, but besides from that I have no other guesses. Also, how many albums would it be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of doing five this time, but that could change depending on how much time I have

      Delete
    2. Dang good for you! I barely wanna finish TTPD, so that's impressive. Should I split up my TTPD review in to two parts on keep it one big post?

      Delete
    3. I guess I'd recommend doing it as one post, but do whatever works best for you

      Delete

And the post that may or may not be remembered forever but matters the most now is.. this one!

{3,000 Views Special Pt.5} This album literally defined the summer of 2024... is it actually as terrible as I initially thought?

Hi! Thanks again for thousands of views even though I'm thousands of years late on these posts . So, I told you the albums I chose for t...

You should not be viewing these posts so much. It's too much..