Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Almost to 3,000 - Hits 1 Weekend Countdown 7/13/24

Hi! I'm very close to 3,000 views, and I plan on doing a series of five album reviews once I get there. I won't tell you what the albums are, but I've already decided on the five albums that I think will be interesting to review, and they're definitely not what you'd expect, because unlike last time, almost all of them are either less popular, slightly older, or by artists I'm not necessarily a huge fan of right now. As for the actual countdown, this was kinda a weird week. No exits, some unexpected movement, and yet another fake countdown this week. It was also kinda a bad week, with two of my favorite songs making big falls, and a lot of songs still taking up space. So let's get into it I guess.


Countdown:

#30: Crash Adams - Hotel Party (=)

#29: Charli XCX - 360 (-5)

#28: Knox - Treadmill (-1)

#27: Camila Cabello & Drake - Hot Uptown (+2)

#26: Meghan Trainor - Whoops (+2)

#25: Mark Ambor - Belong Together (-2)

#24: Gracie Abrams - Close to You (+2)

#23: Tommy Richman - Million Dollar Baby (+2)

#22: Taylor Swift & Post Malone - Fortnight (-14)

#21: Marshmello & Kane Brown - Miles on It (=)

#20: Ariana Grande - The Boy is Mine (-2)

#19: Gracie Abrams - Risk (=)

#18: Madison Beer - Make You Mine (+4)

#17: Billie Eilish - Birds of a Feather (-5)

#16: Eminem - Houdini (-11)

Extra: The Kid Laroi - Girls

#15: Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please (+1)

#14: Benson Boone - Slow it Down (+1)

#13: David Guetta & OneRepublic - I Don't Wanna Wait (+7)

#12: Shaboozey - A Bar Song (-3)

#11: Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With a Broken Heart (+3)

#10: Teddy Swims - The Door (+3)

#9: Olivia Rodrigo - So American (+8)

#8: Dasha - Austin (+3)

#7: Billie Eilish - Lunch (-1)

#6: Djo - End of Beginning (+1)

#5: Chappell Roan - Good Luck Babe! (+5)

#4: Post Malone & Morgan Wallen - I Had Some Help (=)

#3: Dua Lipa - Illusion (=)

#2: Hozier - Too Sweet (=)

Last year's #1: Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

#1: Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso (=)


Biggest Jump: Olivia Rodrigo - So American (+8)

Biggest Drop: Taylor Swift & Post Malone - Fortnight (-14)

Missed song: Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero

Recommendations for Hits 1: Taylor Swift - The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived (look at that, three Taylor Swift songs in a row...), Gracie Abrams - Normal Thing, Meghan Trainor - I Get It, Billie Eilish - The Greatest


Hitbound:

Lisa - Rockstar

Dasha - Didn't I (Debut)

The Kid Laroi - Girls

Katy Perry - Woman's World (Debut)

Gracie Abrams & Taylor Swift - Us

Katseye - Debut

Eminem & Jelly Roll - Somebody Save Me (Debut)

Flowerovlove - Boys (Debut)

Isabel Larosa - Favorite

Alex Warren - Carry You Home

Henry Moodie - Bad Emotions

Imagine Dragons - Nice to Meet You

Cyril - Stumbling In (Debut)

Kesha - Joyride

Lawrence - Whatcha Want

Bibi & Jackson Wang - Feeling Lucky


Dasha returns with her new song Didn't I. This isn't nearly as good as Austin, but it's still pretty good. I like the country production here, the lyrics are well-written and she sounds good, but it just feels like it's missing something.

Katy Perry has a new album coming soon, and I'm not sure how I feel about that? Her new song Woman's World is just not that great. It's super forgettable, she doesn't really sound like herself, and the production is slightly messy, but I don't mind the lyrics. I guess it's alright.

The Death of Slim Shady is officially released, and Eminem is here with another song from The Death of Slim Shady, called Somebody Save Me, which samples Save Me by Jelly Roll. W o w. This was unexpected. Obviously, the lyrics are the highlight here. It's about similar themes to Save Me, about how drug addiction affected him. Musically, normally slower rap songs don't work very well, but I actually think it sounds quite good here. I think this is even better than Houdini... but both are great songs.

*sighs* Okay, it's one thing if you spell a bunch of words as one word, but it's even worse if you don't even spell one of the most basic words correctly. In all seriousness though, Boys, by this random artist named "Flowerovlove", is alright. Mikey compared this to Charli XCX, but I'm not hearing that. I think the production actually sounds pretty good here, and the lyrics are repetitive but decent.

Cyril makes their Hits 1 debut with Stumbling In. This was shockingly pretty good, and I especially like the production, but it is a bit boring at times.


Dropouts:

Ashe - Running Out of Time

Upsahl - Summer So Hot

Moneybagg Yo & Morgan Wallen - Whiskey Whiskey

Bia & Jid - Lights Out

Raye - Genesis

The first two were just okay, the latter two should have debuted the countdown, and I'm so glad Whiskey Whiskey didn't actually debut this week, but unfortunately it is in the abyss so it still has a chance at making the countdown.


Blurbs:

Ok, I guess 360 may not be as bad as some other Charli songs, but it really should not still be on the countdown taking up space.

Speaking of taking up space, Million Dollar Baby is now my orange song. That song really needs to go Galaxy Note 7 itself.

Hot Uptown is fading on me a lot. It's still at least better than He Knows or I Luv It.

Noooooo Fortnight dropped 14 spots! Since I Can Do It With a Broken Heart has finally been confirmed as the next single, let's hope that reaches #1 at some point. But I guess I'd be fine if it didn't. They're both great, but definitely not my favorites.

Houdini also made a huge drop! Luckily, Somebody Save Me will probably replace it.

Okay, IDWW and The Door do not deserve to be anywhere near the top 15.

Wow, So American is having the weirdest countdown run since Nicki Minaj's Last Time I Saw You last year. So American is fading on me a bit. I guess I don't particularly love any of the Guts (spilled) bonus tracks. But it's still a good song so I definitely don't mind it in the top 10.

A Bar Song is out of the top 10. This downward movement should continue.

I just decided End of Beginning is getting quite annoying. It's been spinning around in the top 10 for ages.

On a more positive note, it's great to see Chappell Roan was quick getting her first top 5 hit on the countdown. Good Luck Babe is growing on me a lot.

Geez, the whole top four has been stationary for three weeks in a row now! Espresso is alright, but could we please please please have Please Please Please get to #1 quicker?


That's all for now! Byeeeeeeeeee!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I may have to delay the five-album series by a week or two, I do have some stuff going on soon I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it this week

      Delete

And the post that may or may not be remembered forever but matters the most now is.. this one!

{3,000 Views Special Pt.5} This album literally defined the summer of 2024... is it actually as terrible as I initially thought?

Hi! Thanks again for thousands of views even though I'm thousands of years late on these posts . So, I told you the albums I chose for t...

You should not be viewing these posts so much. It's too much..