Saturday, August 10, 2024

Trust me, I will review five albums soon enough, but for now... Hits 1 8/10/24

Hi! I've been kinda unmotivated to post my album review series lately, but I think this week I randomly am a bit more motivated so it's coming in the next few days. But for now, this was a very boring countdown. So let's get into it.


Exits:

Myles Smith - Stargazing


Countdown:

#30: Upsahl - Summer So Hot (Debut)

#29: Alex Warren - Carry You Home (-1)

#28: Hayes Warner - Predator (+2)

#27: Camila Cabello & Drake - Hot Uptown (=)

#26: Halsey - Lucky (+3)

#25: Knox - Treadmill (-2)

#24: Charli XCX - 360 (+1)

#23: Crash Adams - Hotel Party (+3)

#22: Gracie Abrams - Risk (+2)

#21: Tommy Richman - Million Dollar Baby (-4)

#20: Meghan Trainor - Whoops (+2)

#19: Billie Eilish - Lunch (-1)

#18: Hozier - Too Sweet (-8)

#17: Ariana Grande - The Boy is Mine (+3)

#16: Marshmello & Kane Brown - Miles on It (-1)

Extra: Jessie Murph & Teddy Swims - Dirty

#15: Gracie Abrams - Close to You (+1)

#14: Benson Boone - Slow it Down (+5)

#13: Madison Beer - Make You Mine (+1)

#12: Mark Ambor - Belong Together (=)

#11: Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With a Broken Heart (+2)

#10: Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso (-1)

#9: Billie Eilish - Birds of a Feather (+2)

#8: Eminem - Houdini (-1)

#7: Dasha - Austin (+1)

#6: Dua Lipa - Illusion (-2)

#5: Teddy Swims - The Door (=)

#4: Chappell Roan - Good Luck Babe (+2)

#3: Post Malone & Morgan Wallen - I Had Some Help (=)

#2: Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please (=)

Last year's #1: Crash Adams - Give Me a Kiss

#1: Shaboozey - A Bar Song (Tipsy) (=)


Debuts:

Our only debut was Summer So Hot from Upsahl coming out of the abyss. This is a really weird song but it's alright I guess.


Biggest Jump: Benson Boone - Slow it Down (+5)

Biggest Drop: Hozier - Too Sweet (-8)

Missed song: Camila Cabello - Shameless

Recommendations for Hits 1: Shawn Mendes - Isn't That Enough, Gracie Abrams - Free Now, Chappell Roan - Red Wine Supernova


Hitbound:

Jessie Murph & Teddy Swims - Dirty

Katy Perry - Lifetimes (Debut)

MGK & Jelly Roll - Lonely Road

Megan Thee Stallion & Yuki Chiba - Mamushi

Charli XCX - Apple

Role Model - Scumbag

Khalid - Heatstroke (Debut)

Madison Beer - 15 Minutes

Beabadoobee - Beaches (Debut)

Shawn Mendes - Why Why Why (Debut)

Finneas - For Crying Out Loud (Debut)

Kesha - Joyride

Dasha - Didn't I

All Time Low - Dear Maria (ATL's Version) (Debut)

Maren Morris - Push Me Over

Joe Jonas - Work It Out


Well, Katy Perry is back with another single that'll probably flop harder than J Christ. Lifetimes is just another song that sounds like every other Katy Perry song. It really doesn't have much to it that's interesting, and I'm not too excited for her upcoming album as it seems to be more of the same things that Katy keeps doing over and over. Well, this song is just kinda there.

Khalid is also back with Heatstroke. This is a super forgettable song but the production sounds pretty good here and the lyrics are alright. This song is decent but not something I'll be listening to a lot.

Yesssssssss Beabadoobee made a song with production that doesn't sound like a childrens' song! Beaches has a super cool rock sound to it that I didn't expect to work well with her voice but it actually kinda does, and the lyrics are still great like usual. I don't expect this to debut the countdown but I hope it does nonetheless.

So, Shawn Mendes just released two songs this week, and both of them are great. I prefer the other one, Isn't That Enough, but Why Why Why is still a great song. The lyrics are quite well-written and the production works really well. Still wish Hits 1 picked up on Isn't That Enough but I understand why they didn't.

Finneas is here with For Crying Out Loud. This is not what I expected from a new solo Finneas song, but I really like it a lot. The lyrics are on-point, and the production sounds fantastic. This is totally random but the melody kinda reminds me of New Romantics by Taylor Swift (which is also a great song).

Uhm... so when I saw that ATL re-recorded their song Dear Maria (Count Me In), and that they were making a whole album of re-recordings called "Forever Sessions", I got the idea that this was some kind of Taylor Swift situation (they even called it "ATL's Version", which obviously sounds similar to "Taylor's Version"), but I guess it's just to commemorate their 20th anniversary. Pretty sure I won't be listening to this album because it comes out on the same day as Short N Sweet. This is just alright, once again nothing too special.


Dropouts:

Charli XCX & Billie Eilish - Guess

Lisa - Rockstar

Benson Boone - Death Wish Love

Cyril - Stumblin' In

Gracie Abrams - I Love You I'm Sorry

Paul Russell & Meghan Trainor - Slippin'

Guess was another terrible Charli "song" that even Billie couldn't save, and I will never understand the appeal of Brat. Rockstar was also pretty bad. Death Wish Love is very forgettable and far from Benson's best. And the last three deserved better.


Summer so blurbs:

Stargazing was the only countdown exit this week. I'm fine with that.

I swear, at this point almost every single song in the bottom half of the countdown is doing nothing but spinning around and filling space.

Other than Too Sweet making a huge drop from the top 10, there was basically no interesting movement this week.

Can we... please please please get a new #1 soon? A Bar Song is growing on me, but like... Please Please Please exists also. Hopefully that can be the next #1.


That's all for now! Byeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're reviewing TRAFOAMP because you recommended Red Wine Supernova...

    ReplyDelete

And the post that may or may not be remembered forever but matters the most now is.. this one!

{3,000 Views Special Pt.5} This album literally defined the summer of 2024... is it actually as terrible as I initially thought?

Hi! Thanks again for thousands of views even though I'm thousands of years late on these posts . So, I told you the albums I chose for t...

You should not be viewing these posts so much. It's too much..