Saturday, June 29, 2024

I can't tell if the countdown is getting better or worse - Hits 1 Weekend Countdown 6/29/24

Hi! Thank you so much for 2,000 pageviews. Now, I apologize in advance if this doesn't actually happen, but right now it seems highly likely that I'll have time: I'm planning on posting at least three album reviews for my 2,000 pageview special, Hit Me Hard and Soft, Timeless, and Secret of Us. Maybe even C,XOXO also. But first, let's get into this week's countdown!


Exits:

Knox - Me Myself & Your Eyes

Olivia Rodrigo - Obsessed

Twenty One Pilots - The Craving


Countdown:

#30: Coldplay - Feelslikeimfallinginlove (Debut)

#29: Meghan Trainor - Whoops (-3)

#28: Gracie Abrams - Close to You (Debut)

#27: Tommy Richman - Million Dollar Baby (=)

#26: Charli XCX - 360 (+2)

#25: Kane Brown & Marshmello - Miles on It (-5)

#24: Camila Cabello & Lil Nas X - He Knows (+1)

#23: Billie Eilish - Birds of a Feather (=)

#22: Benson Boone - Beautiful Things (+2)

#21: Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please (+9)

#20: Gracie Abrams - Risk (-1)

#19: David Guetta & OneRepublic - I Don't Wanna Wait (-2)

#18: Billie Eilish - Lunch (=)

#17: Mark Ambor - Belong Together (Debut)

#16: Ariana Grande - The Boy is Mine (-1)

Extra: Post Malone & Blake Shelton - Pour Me a Drink

#15: Teddy Swims - The Door (-1)

#14: Madison Beer - Make You Mine (+7)

#13: Benson Boone - Slow It Down (-5)

#12: Chappell Roan - Good Luck Babe! (=)

#11: Shaboozey - A Bar Song (Tipsy) (=)

#10: Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With a Broken Heart (+3)

#9: Dasha - Austin (=)

#8: Djo - End of Beginning (-2)

#7: Olivia Rodrigo - So American (+3)

#6: Taylor Swift - Fortnight (+1)

#5: Eminem - Houdini (=)

#4: Post Malone & Morgan Wallen - I Had Some Help (-2)

#3: Dua Lipa - Illusion (=)

#2: Hozier - Too Sweet (+2)

Last year's #1: Taylor Swift & Ice Spice - Karma

#1: Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso (=)


Debuts:

Coldplay's new song called Feelslikeimfallinginlove debuts this week. Or should I say, ColdplaysnewsongcalledFeelslikeimfallinginlovedebutsthisweek. I just decided, I don't love it. It actually became less enjoyable with each listen for me. It's a little bit boring, and the lyrics are no match for other amazing Coldplay songs. (I just noticed an awkwardly placed heart/apart rhyme I didn't catch the first time, and unlike in songs like The Scientist, it does not sound good here.) Still good tho, don't get me wrong.

Gracie Abrams' Close to You comes out of the abyss this week. This is a million times better than Risk. It's got fantastic evolution with a great beat that actually reminds me of We Can't Be Friends by Ariana Grande, in a great way. And the lyrics are a huge step up from Risk. I hope this is a huge hit. (Secret of Us album review in the works)

Definitely could have gone without Mark Ambor's Belong Together debuting at #17. I've reviewed this before since it was in Hitbound a few months ago before it spent ages in the abyss, and my opinion has not changed very much. It's a really boring song and the lyrics are basically just a bunch of generic love song cliches.


Biggest Jump: Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please (+9)

Biggest Drop: Kane Brown & Marshmello - Miles on It & Benson Boone - Slow It Down (-5)

Most missed song: Taylor Swift - Enchanted

Recommendations for Hits 1: Willow - Symptom of Life, Taylor Swift - The Manuscript, Taylor Swift - The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived, Billie Eilish - The Greatest


Hitbound:

Raye - Genesis (Re-entry)

Knox - Treadmill (Debut)

Isabel Larosa - Favorite

Ashe - Running out of Time (Debut)

Crash Adams - Hotel Party (Debut)

Bia & Jid - Lights Out

Upsahl - Summer So Hot

Lisa - Rockstar (Debut)

Gracie Abrams & Taylor Swift - Us

Camila Cabello & Drake - Hot Uptown (Debut)

Katseye - Debut (Debut) (this looks kinda weird)

Henry Moodie - Bad Emotions

The Kid Laroi - Girls (Debut)

Lawrence - Whatcha Want

Bibi & Jackson Wang - Feeling Lucky

Imagine Dragons - Nice to Meet You


Looks like Genesis returned from out of the abyss which is great to see.

*sighs* Hits 1, I like it when you pick up on every song by good artists like Havanna Winter, Jessie Murph, Presley Regier, Hayes Warner, etc, but can you seriously stop picking up on every Knox song? But in all seriousness tho, this one's actually... surprisingly good? Probably his best song yet. It's got really well-written lyrics and the productions alright.

And speaking of artists who Hits 1 refuses to give up on and never become hits, Crash Adams is here again with Hotel Party. And this is mediocre at best. The production is really weird and not in a great way, and it just sounds like a worse version of Sugar Mommy.

Ashe is back after a bunch of HB dropouts two years ago, this time with Running out of Time. This is okay but forgettable and kind of boring.

Greaaaat, just what we needed, more weird annoying Blackpink. Lisa is here with Rockstar and it's just not good. It's just what I'd expect from a Blackpink member: overproduced, repetitive, and overall just annoying.

Wow... looks like Camila Cabello's new song Hot Uptown with Drake slightly redeemed herself here. Just slightly tho. I haven't listened to C, XOXO but I might, just to see if there's any other songs like this that are actually somewhat decent or if anything else is more Characterless XCX rip-offs like I Luv It and He Knows that are trying way too hard to sound provocative or something.

Our next debut is a debut called Debut by Katseye. This is ok but very forgettable. Really nothing to say here other than it's a debut called Debut.

The next song is Girls by Kid Laroi, it's kinda annoying but not terrible. Again, nothing interesting to say about it.


Dropouts:

Teddy Swims - Hammer to the Heart

Lay Bankz - Tell Ur Girlfriend

Myles Smith - Stargazing

Wallows - Calling After Me

Post Malone & Blake Shelton - Pour Me a Drink

Jelly Roll - I Am Not Okay

Henry Moodie - Drunk Text

Pour Me a Drink is in the abyss and was the countdown extra so it's probably not gone (unfortunately). I'm Not Okay is also in the abyss which is better to see. Good riddance to Hammer to the Heart, it was getting insanely annoying. Tell Ur Girlfriend was ok but I'm kinda surprised it didn't debut considering how big of a hit it is everywhere else. Stargazing was not going to do anything and I'm fine with that. And Drunk Text really should have been a hit, it's one of my favorite songs of 2024 by far.


Close to blurbs:

We lost The Craving, Obsessed, and Me Myself and Your Eyes. Good riddance to MMAYE. The Craving was alright but I'm okay with it leaving. And Obsessed had a good run and is one of Olivia's slightly less great songs.

Obviously I support Taylor Swift not dying, but Charli XCX's 360 is just not a good song so I don't know why anybody would think that it's better than Taylor at all, let alone that extreme. If you wonder why I call her Characterless XCX, just look at the title of the Brat deluxe version: "Brat and it's the same but there's three more songs so it's not".

Could He Knows please stop taking up space.

Is Beautiful Things just gonna pull a What It Is now?

Yessssssss Please Please Please is almost to the top 20! This is my new dark purple song.

Looks like Risk is on its way out. Close to You & Us are both better so I'm fine with it.

Hopefully IDWW is on its way out also. It sounds like literally every 2010s pop song, and when I hear it on weekdays it gaslights me into thinking it's actually the weekend.

Wow, both Billie Eilish songs held their positions, and still have yet to reach the top half of the countdown. I'm shocked HMHAS isn't performing better, but then again... Taylor Swift exists.

I didn't know until today that Chappell Roan was a backup singer on Guts, but Chappell opened for Olivia at the concert I went to so I knew they had some kind of connection.

A Bar Song would have actually been a somewhat decent song if it weren't for the absolutely stupid lyrics.

It's always a great thing when the green songs on the countdown are almost all near the top.

Sorry Hippo, but it looks like literally anything can happen on Hits 1, so if ICDIWABH can get to the top 10, it can definitely go to #1 on its 13th countdown week and stay there for 13 weeks.

IHSH dropped two spots. Good, let's hope this downward movement continues and it gets blocked from #1.

Espresso is still #1. I'm ok with that for now, and I'm sure Houdini will be up next, but I really hope Please Please Please gets to #1 before IHSH even has a chance.


That's all for now! Byeeeeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

And the post that will go down in history today is... this one!

{2,000 Views Special Pt.2} It's no secret that this album will be a huge hit

Hi! Wow, it's hard to believe that I just reached 2,000 views a few days ago, and now I've already got almost 300 more views since t...

You should not be viewing these posts so much. It's too much.