Here's all the pages!

Saturday, June 22, 2024

Not surprised this happened on the first countdown of summer - Hits 1 Weekend Countdown 6/22/24

Hi! We had an eventful countdown this week. Besides one of the exits and one of the debuts, this week was pretty good, mostly due to a new #1 song. So let's get into it!


Exits:

Muni Long - Made for Me

Justin Timberlake - No Angels

Beyonce & Miley Cyrus - II Most Wanted


Countdown:

#30: Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please (Debut)

#29: Twenty One Pilots - Craving (-6)

#28: Charli XCX - 360 (Debut)

#27: Tommy Richman - Million Dollar Baby (+3)

#26: Meghan Trainor - Whoops (Debut)

#25: Camila Cabello & Lil Nas X - He Knows (+2)

#24: Benson Boone - Beautiful Things (-5)

#23: Billie Eilish - Birds of a Feather (+6)

#22: Knox - Me Myself & Your Eyes (-5)

#21: Madison Beer - Make You Mine (-7)

#20: Kane Brown & Marshmello - Miles On It (+6)

#19: Gracie Abrams - Risk (+2)

#18: Billie Eilish - Lunch (=)

#17: David Guetta & OneRepublic - I Don't Wanna Wait (+8)

#16: Olivia Rodrigo - Obsessed (-13)

Extra: Isabel Larosa - Favorite

#15: Ariana Grande - The Boy is Mine (-5)

#14: Teddy Swims - The Door (-6)

#13: Taylor Swift - I Can Do It With a Broken Heart (-1)

#12: Chappell Roan - Good Luck Babe! (+4)

#11: Shaboozey - A Bar Song (Tipsy) (+4)

#10: Olivia Rodrigo - So American (-1)

#9: Dasha - Austin (-2)

#8: Benson Boone - Slow it Down (+3)

#7: Taylor Swift & Post Malone - Fortnight (-1)

#6: Djo - End of Beginning (-1)

#5: Eminem - Houdini (+17)

#4: Hozier - Too Sweet (-3)

#3: Dua Lipa - Illusion (+1)

#2: Post Malone & Morgan Wallen - I Had Some Help (+11)

Last year's #1: Taylor Swift & Ice Spice - Karam

#1: Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso (+1)


Debuts:

Please Please Please finally made the countdown this week, and I'm so glad it did. This is my favorite Sabrina song I've heard thus far. Well, besides maybe Nonsense. Either way it's an amazing song. The production is super cool-sounding, and I actually quite like the little key change in the second verse. (Short N Sweet album review is likely)

Meghan Trainor also comes out of the abyss with Whoops, another song with a key change. While this isn't as good as Please Please Please, I still quite like this song. The production is just like what I'd expect from a Meghan song, which of course is quite good. And the lyrics are not her best, but better than some other songs I've heard from her. (Timeless album review is also likely)

I never actually expected this song to debut, but... here we are. Characterless XCX is on the countdown with 360. I guess this is better than Von Dutch, but it's still pretty bad. The production is really boring and annoying and the lyrics are just another one of those "I'm so pretty I'm so pretty I'm so pretty" songs.


Biggest Jump: Eminem - Houdini (+17)

Biggest Drop: Olivia Rodrigo - Obsessed (-13)

Most missed song: Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

Recommendations: Orville Peck, Kylie Minogue & Diplo - Midnight Ride, Caroline Polachek - Starburned and Unkissed


Hitbound:

Teddy Swims - Hammer to the Heart

Gracie Abrams & Taylor Swift - Us (Debut)

Bia & Jid - Lights Out (Debut)

Coldplay - Feelslikeimfallinginlove (Debut)

Post Malone & Blake Shelton - Pour Me a Drink (Debut)

Lay Bankz - Tell Ur Girlfriend

Henry Moodie - Bad Emotions (Debut)

Upsahl - Summer So Hot (Debut)

Imagine Dragons - Nice to Meet You

Lawrence - Whatcha Want (Debut)

Jelly Roll - I Am Not Okay

Bibi & Jackson Wang - Feeling Lucky (Debut)

Myles Smith - Stargazing

Wallows - Calling After Me

Isabel Larosa - Favorite

Henry Moodie - Drunk Text


Before we get into the Hitbound debuts... why is Popular by The Weeknd, Madonna, Playboi Carti included in the "moment's biggest songs" segment in Hitbound almost every week lately? It left the top 30 eight months ago...

Otherwise, it's another pretty good week. Debuting this week is Gracie Abrams collaborating with Taylor Swift on Us. This is a great song but I do wish Taylor contributed a bit more to it.

I was shocked at how good the new song Lights Out by Bia & Jid was. The production was pretty fun but not too overproduced and everyone sounded really good.

Pour Me a Drink by Post Malone & Blake Shelton unsurprisingly enters Hitbound this week. This is alright. It's better than IHSH but still a bit forgettable.

Ok what is with all these songs being spelled all as one word? Billie Eilish had Idontwannabeyouanymore, Taylor Swift had Imgonnagetyouback, and now Coldplay is doing it on Feelslikeimfallinginlove. And to that I say, istherereallyanysignificancetodoingthisorarepeoplejusttoolazytopressthespacebar? In all seriousness tho, this is an amazing song. The production is really cool and evolves a lot and I love the lyrics too. Definitely not their best song (that would be Coloratura, no contest), but one of the best Hitbound songs at the moment.

Every single year, there's some totally new artist who I didn't know about before and I'm a huge fan of right from the start. This year, that artist has been Henry Moodie. I still love Pick Up the Phone, and although Drunk Text is by far my favorite song I've heard from him, this new song Bad Emotions is also fantastic. The lyrics are very relatable, he sounds great, but the real highlight is the production. It evolves a lot, it honestly sounds like an even better version of Benson Boone's music. Amazing song.

Next up is a newcomer Upsahl with a song that jacks the title from a Chris Brown song from a year ago that I actually sorta enjoyed more than just about everyone else did. But this is Summer So Hot and I like it just as much as the Chris Brown song. It's got pretty nice production, but the lyrics aren't amazing.

Lawrence is next with Whatcha Want. This is okay I guess? It's a bit overproduced and the lyrics are pretty basic, and I'm not a huge fan of the key it's in, but it's not terrible?

And finally, Bibi and Jackson Wang collaborate on Feeling Lucky. The only thing I really remember about this one is that it sounds almost like it samples Feather by Sabrina Carpenter. But I like Feather so this song is still good.


Dropouts:

Dua Lipa - These Walls

Halsey - The End

Raye - Genesis

Gracie Abrams - Close to You

Tyla, Skillibeng, Gunna - Jump

Saweetie - Nani

Knox - Change Your Mind


Good riddance to Change Your Mind. Nani and Jump were kinda mid. Genesis is in the abyss so I hope it debuts. And These Walls, The End and Close to You will be missed.


Bluuuurbs Bluuuurbs Bluuuurbs:

Our exits this week were II Most Wanted, Made for Me, and No Angels. I don't care about No Angels, and Made for Me was alright but I didn't expect it to do anything. But II Most Wanted? That should have done much better.

Me Myself & Your Eyes must leave before it turns red or orange.

Miles On It grew on me a lot so I'm glad it got a nice jump into the top 20. 

Interestingly, the only countdown song that held its position from last week was Billie Eilish's Lunch at #18.

Obsessed just dropped as huge as 2023's biggest drop of the year, all the way from the top 3 down to the bottom half of the countdown. I guess I'm fine with that because her other countdown song is much better.

If you thought Fortnight jumping 13 spots to #13 a few months ago was crazy, now track 13 from TTPD is at #13. Now let's see it hit #1 on its 13th week on the countdown, and stay there for 13 weeks.

Can A Bar Song (Tipsy) please stop jumping before it goes blue, red or even orange.

Lol imagine re-entering in the top 10 and then dropping the next week.

No real reason why but Fortnight just grew on me a whole lot this week.

Houdini jumped HUGE this week, all the way from the bottom 10 into the top 5... will this be Eminem's first solo #1 on Hits 1?

Unfortunately, I Had Some Help could likely be #1 soon. Post Malone recently released a snippet of a song called "She Ain't Yours" which I think I'll actually really like when it releases. But IHSH does not deserve any of this success it's getting.

But for now, we do have a new #1, and a completely unsurprising one, Espresso. This song has faded a bit for me but I definitely don't mind this being #1 for now before Houdini gets there. Hopefully at some point Please Please Please will also have a chance at #1 tho.


That's all for now! Byeeeeeeeeee!

2 comments:

  1. I hate to break it to you, but there is no way I Can Do It With A Broken Heart is ever going to hit #1, let alone for 13 weeks, given its non-existent airplar at the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, it was just a joke cuz of the number 13

      Delete

And the post that will go down in history today is... this one!

Not surprised this happened on the first countdown of summer - Hits 1 Weekend Countdown 6/22/24

Hi! We had an eventful countdown this week. Besides one of the exits and one of the debuts, this week was pretty good, mostly due to a new #...

You should not be viewing these posts so much. It's too much.