These are pages that have some general information and/or are regularly updated!

Saturday, June 8, 2024

um... hi?

Oh great, I'm doing one of these now. Take a look at these two sentences below:


"I plan on maybe doing a mini countdown catchup post soon since I missed a bunch of weeks of the countdown"

"Now that I have more time for blog posts this might be a temporary weekly thing for now"


These two sentences were things that I said in my last two blog posts... right before my longest absence ever. (Of course, besides the time between September and December last year where my blog was deactivated.) 

As you can see, neither of those things I said ended up being true, and frankly, the opposite happened. Not only have I not gotten out a single post in over a month, but I also stopped updating my weekly Crownnote chart. So basically, for the past few weeks, I've been pretty much completely inactive... and it was right after I had planned two specific posts that were coming up... that didn't end up happening. Just from reading my blog, you may have noticed a bit of a problem I have sometimes: I say I'm gonna do something, and just never do it.

My blog used to be the opposite of that: back when I first started getting my blog popularized online, I would consistently get posts out at 9 AM on Saturday, basically the second the countdown ended (there was only one time when I had to delay a post until Sunday), and I actually was able to make creative and kinda fun reviews. And on my newer blog, my reviews started turning repetitive and robotic-sounding, and you would have been lucky to see a countdown review of any kind from me before Wednesday or Thursday that week... and then I had no countdown posts after April 12. Yes, I seriously haven't posted a single countdown review since the week when Espresso was just released.

There's really only one reason why I stopped posting consistently on my blog. No, I wasn't "busy" like I've been saying for the past few months. I was just starting to lose interest in what pop music was playing. A lot of songs lately have been uninteresting, unoriginal, and just kinda sound the same. And for a while, that made blog posts really tedious, because even for great songs, I felt like I was saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over about every single new song.

Shockingly, the only songs on the countdown right now that I still enjoy hearing just as much or more than I initially did are the two country songs (Beyonce & Miley's II Most Wanted & Dasha's Austin). Even Billie Eilish's new album (although it was fantastic) had a bunch of songs that I kinda forget about right after I listen to them, and Hits 1 conveniently picked up on the two most uninteresting songs from the album. (Speaking of Billie Eilish, I'm not going to say I will post an album review of Hit Me Hard and Soft, because then if I don't it'll be a whole thing, but I'll just say I might.)

I will say, I kinda enjoyed doing album reviews. TTPD was fun to review. I suppose Eternal Sunshine wasn't as interesting, but it was still cool. And reviewing the Olivia albums again to see how much my opinions changed was also pretty fun to do. However, I've listened to some new albums lately, and besides maybe HMHAS, most of them don't seem like something I'd wanna do a song-by-song review of. Radical Optimism was radically boring, and the only song I find myself actively relistening to is These Walls. Cowboy Carter is just too long and bizarre for me to bring myself to make a full review of it. And Brat is probably just terrible so I don't feel like listening to it at all.

Well overall, music lately has been pretty dead, and not much interesting stuff going on in the past few weeks, so I considered just quitting my blog now and ending it there, because trying to crank out a weekly countdown review would just feel like a chore...

...that is, until this week. We had the best Hitbound in a while, and for the first time (ever, I think), every single debut was deserving of at least a "great" rating. So, I'm actually going to (at least for now) start reviewing the countdown again. My opinions have changed a lot, so when that post comes out (which it will and I swear on the universe this isn't gonna be another one of those things where it never happens) don't be surprised if the countdown looks a little more pink and yellow than usual.

I started thinking about writing this earlier this week because I just didn't feel like my blog would last too much longer and I wanted you all to know that... well, I'm alive. But after hearing Friday's Hitbound - yes, just one Hitbound - I decided I feel like blogging again. No, I won't be continuing my Crownnote though, because I don't typically like random awkward gaps... and most likely, Teenage Dream would have to get excluded from the list just for the sole purpose of letting other songs be #1.

But anyway, thanks for reading my blog everyone. I'm very close to 1,500 pageviews now! Once I get 2,000 pageviews, I will do a rankdown of every song in the universe ever!

(Okay, that was a joke, but for real tho I will do something for when I get 2,000 views, I just haven't decided yet)


That's all for now! Byeeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

This is the most recent post!

Finally back to doing this again... again... again - Hits 1 9/21/24

Hi! So, after my big album review series, I got sort of burnt out for a while, but I'm back to doing Hits 1 reviews, and hopefully it st...

You should not be viewing these posts so much. It's too much.